Gursikhs from the Past
Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Jee when revealing the Khalsa stated that there was no difference between him and the Khalsa and that wherever 5 Singhs resided there the Guru resided and was present. This promise of the Khalsa being the Guru was exemplified at the Amrit Ceremony of 1699 AD and was later again exemplified at Chamkaur Sahib in 1704 AD. After listening to the supplications of the Khalsa Guru Jee escaped from Chamkaur Sahib Guru Jee bestowed his Kalgi (Crest for Turban signifying Temporal authority) and authority upon the 5 Singh's who made this supplication to the Guru.
The names of these 5 Singh's are:
- Piare Bhai Daya Singh Jee
- Piare Bhai Dharam Singh Jee
- Bhai Maan Singh Jee
- Bhai Sangat Singh Jee
- Bhai Sant Singh Jee (He was bestowed with Kalgi of Maharaj)
This was the first time in Sikh History outside of the Amrit Ceremony that 5 Singh's had the authority of the Guru and were blessed by the Guru of this authority.
- Piare Bhai Daya Singh Jee (1668-1708 AD) Ascension to Sachkhand at Hazur Sahib
- Piare Bhai Dharam Singh Jee (1670-1711 AD) Ascension to Sachkhand at Hazur Sahib
- Piare Bhai Himmat Singh Jee (1664-1704 AD) Shaheedi at Chamkaur Sahib
- Piare Bhai Mohkam Singh Jee (1679-1704 AD) Shaheedi at Chamkaur Sahib
- Piare Bhai Sahib Singh Jee (1673-1704 AD) Shaheedi at Chamkaur Sahib